Thursday, August 9, 2018

Constant presence




Today, I’m postoperative day number nine after having another reconstruction surgery. As a follow up to my breast cancer diagnosis and surgery over fifteen years ago, it was time for another procedure. As much as I dreaded it, I’m now thankful to have it behind me. Kudos to my impressive plastic surgeon, Dr. Alexander Digenis. I’m not sure what I’d do without his incredible artistic ability and compassionate care.

Although I dreaded having to undergo this procedure, I’m so grateful for my life.  At the age of thirty, a cancer diagnosis was intimidating and scary. God was good to me, though, and he steered the right people into my path. He never once left me then, and I know He will never leave me or forsake me. He promises that to all of us.

We all go through scary times in this life. There are no guarantees that everything will be good all the time. Job 5:7 says, “Yet man is born to trouble as surely as sparks fly upward.” But we can take heart. Psalm 9:9 says “The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.” Psalm 34:17 says, “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles.”

The photos above are of the Aegean Sea (courtesy of Dr. Digenis). I can almost hear the waves gently rushing to shore. The crystal clear water with its perfect blue hue are beautiful. To me, this scene is a reminder that God gently and persistently shows us that He is with us. He is never failing in times of trouble. He gently nudges us from time to time like the water flowing onto the beach to tell us that He is here and He will continue to be here day in and day out no matter what we face. 

Whatever you’re facing today, remember that God loves you and is your help.

P.S. Dr. Alexander Digenis can be reached at the Digenis Plastic Surgery Institute, 502-589-5544. His website is www.digenis.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Novel Coming Soon

  NEW NOVEL COMING SOON NEVER GONE Denise Janette Bruneau  25-year-old Ellie Beaufort moves home to Guntersville, Alabama to live with her f...