Monday, March 23, 2020

Light in the darkness


During my quiet time with God today, I prayed earnestly for healing for our world.  I prayed that God would halt the spread of this virus and care for those already affected.  I prayed that He would rain down His love and mercy on us.

I was reminded of a story in the Bible in Luke Chapter 7.  It's the story about a centurion who had a sick servant, who was about to die. The centurion sent some elders to Jesus and asked Jesus to come to his house to heal his servant.  Jesus went to the house, but as He was approaching, the centurion sent friends to Jesus to say, "Lord, don't trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof.  That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you (verse 7)."  Then he said something very powerful in the rest of verse 7.  He said, "But say the word, and my servant will be healed."  Jesus was amazed at the centurion's faith and said, "I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel (verse 9)."

God only needs to say the word.  He is all powerful and above any cancer, depression, loneliness, or viral disease.  He is the way maker, miracle worker, promise keeper, light in the darkness.  He alone can save us.  If you are like the rest of us who are social distancing and waiting to see what happens, you are anxious and scared.  Although God tells us many times in the Bible not to fear, I have to admit, I've felt fear lately.  Take a moment to be quiet, to bow your head, and to ask God to please speak words of healing over us. He is listening, and he only needs to whisper words of healing for healing to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Novel Coming Soon

  NEW NOVEL COMING SOON NEVER GONE Denise Janette Bruneau  25-year-old Ellie Beaufort moves home to Guntersville, Alabama to live with her f...