Saturday, November 10, 2018

Preparing



Every year, we are bombarded with holiday shopping and sales that start the day after Halloween. I have to admit that I love the Christmas season, so I don’t mind seeing Christmas decorations early. I’m even guilty of putting my Christmas tree up right after Halloween. I love to have the Christmas cheer around me during Thanksgiving dinner.

It’s easy to become overwhelmed with the Christmas holiday season, so I try to take a moment this time of year to prepare my heart. I remind myself that although this is a festive, cozy time of year, it is also a time for giving. That are so many people in need throughout the year and especially at Christmas. Our giving doesn’t have to be monetary. Many people are in need of kindness, a smile, or a gesture of love. We can give much to others from our heart through acts of kindness. We can bake some cookies for a neighbor, offer to help a friend with an errand or problem, or pay for someone’s coffee one morning. Even small acts of kindness go a long way.

The great thing about being kind to someone else is that the reward of our giving is joy for us. Have a wonderful holiday season as we move toward Thanksgiving and into Christmas. Remember, “Jesus is the reason for the season!”



No comments:

Post a Comment

We really are created in His image

God sees This year, I started reading the Bible in chronological order using the You Version Bible app.  I’m reading it with my friend, Grac...