Friday, November 16, 2018

Covenant


Today, I am covering labor and delivery call in Paoli, Indiana. While I was eating breakfast at a local restaurant, the hostess sat an elderly couple at a nearby table. The gentleman pulled out the chair for the lady, which made me smile. I don’t see that very often anymore. 

I overheard the server talking with them a couple minutes later. It turns out that today is their fifty-year anniversary. When I heard that, I couldn’t help but smile inside. It was sweet and inspiring. That couple has most likely weathered many storms and heartaches, as well as had many wonderful memories. It comforted my heart to know they’ve been together for so long, as I watched them smile at each other and converse easily. 

Their long commitment to each other reminded me of God’s covenant love for us. He is always with us and will never give up on us. He wants a relationship with you for eternity. Deuteronomy 14:2 says, “for you are a people holy to the Lord your God. Out of all the peoples on the face of the earth, the Lord has chosen you to be his treasured possession.”


‭‬‬


No comments:

Post a Comment

We really are created in His image

God sees This year, I started reading the Bible in chronological order using the You Version Bible app.  I’m reading it with my friend, Grac...