Sunday, August 19, 2018

His everything



There are many stories in the Bible where people underwent times of great trial, and God intervened for them. In some of those stories, the people gave names to God that reflected his goodness, grace, and mercy. In one particular story, Hagar was forced into the desert with her son, Ishmael. She and her son were basically left to die if they couldn’t survive on their own. Hagar felt hurt, alone, and hopeless. God was with her, though, and He cared for her and Ishmael. He provided food and water for them, and he helped them.

Hagar gave God the name El Roi, which means “the God Who Sees.” Genesis 16:13 says, “She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: ‘You are the God who sees me,’ for she said, ‘I have now seen the One who sees me’.”

When you are feeling alone, helpless, or hopeless, remember that God sees you. Remember that he sent Jesus for you. Your prayer is conversation with Him. He’s listening, and He knows you by name. Isaiah 49:16 says, “See, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands.”

You mean everything to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really are created in His image

God sees This year, I started reading the Bible in chronological order using the You Version Bible app.  I’m reading it with my friend, Grac...