Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Just a few more minutes



Many mornings, when I don’t have to work a 24-hour shift, I get up early to read my Bible and devotionals or work on my blog, or work on my current novel. I grab a cup of coffee, turn on the lamp, and sink into the soft cushion of my cozy chair. For a mom, this is my prime time to get things done without interruptions.

This morning as I sat quietly reading my devotional and sipping my coffee, I heard a little noise. I looked up, and I saw my daughter standing there. She was still in her pajamas with crazy bed-head, and she was covering her sleepy eyes because of the light. She asked in her sweet, almost tearful voice, “Mom, do you have to work today?”

I shook my head and told her “no.” She told me she was sad because she thought I had to go today, and she was prepared to come sit in the cozy chair with me. She wanted to spend a few more minutes with me this morning despite her tired state. I reassured her I would be home today, and I tucked her back into bed for homeschool later.

Her sadness at my potential leaving and her desire to be with me for just a few more moments reminded me of the way Jesus pursues us. He just wants time with us, no matter how much it is. “Just a few more minutes…” Make time for your Lord today, who loves you so much and just wants a few more minutes with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really are created in His image

God sees This year, I started reading the Bible in chronological order using the You Version Bible app.  I’m reading it with my friend, Grac...