Monday, February 26, 2018

Hope


Hi Friends,

Happy March! There are many days I find that the news is not an uplifting part of my day.  The negativity in our world can sometimes become overwhelming.  Today, I wanted to share some of my good stories that offer hope and a smile.  I hope you'll share a story or two with me as well.


 


As many of you know, my mom and I have both survived breast cancer.  I'm 18 years out from my diagnosis, and my mom, with more advanced disease, has been with us since her diagnosis in October 2016. She is doing great, and each day that I get to see her and spend with her is a blessing.


  


My friend, Barbie, has survived two primary breast cancers. She is incredibly courageous.  She is a BRCA carrier, and her battle has been rough. She is more than a survivor, though, and God has blessed her. She is doing great! The woman is fearless and all "sass," and I just love her!



This is a picture of me with my daughter a couple of years ago at Christmas.  My husband and I were blessed to be able to adopt her eight years ago.  She has brought so much joy to us.  I'm thankful to her biological parents for having the courage to adopt her out. God has been gracious to us.





This is my dear friend  from medical school, who lost her husband to idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in February 2015.  It was such a heartbreaking time, and she battled her loss and her grief with perseverance and determination.  Today, she is engaged to marry another wonderful man! She is with my daughter in the first picture in 2015.  The second picture is more recent, after she became engaged.


 


This little guy, Bryce, was born prematurely at 23 weeks.  His life is a miracle and still is.  He will be 5 years old this March.






This beautiful young lady is my stepdaughter.  She was just accepted at Boise State.  So proud of her!





This silly, young man with my husband is my nephew.  He came to live with us a year ago, and he has been a blessing to our family.







This is my dad. A few years ago, at the age of 70, he fell 25 feet from a roof while building his house (hobby). He broke several ribs, punctured his lung, and told me how he had started to feel the peace of entering heaven. It wasn’t his time to see God, yet. He was only in the hospital for a few days. He healed completely and was back to building in a short time.



 


This is Zoey, our dog, with my daughter.  We adopted Zoey into our home 2 years ago.  She was a rescue dog.  She is still as sweet as she looks.  So is my daughter :)


I hope these stories bring you a little joy today. Have a great day!  Please post and share your stories with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We really are created in His image

God sees This year, I started reading the Bible in chronological order using the You Version Bible app.  I’m reading it with my friend, Grac...