Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2018

A photo from my October 2017 visit to Chicago

Happy New Year, dear friends! I hope you've had an enjoyable Christmas and holiday season. I have to admit that for years, I've secretly dreaded this time of year.  It's time to take down the Christmas decorations, time for snow and ice in Kentuckiana, and time for new year's resolutions.  I don't know about you, but I usually start out the new year with really good intentions to conquer my new year's resolutions.  Somehow, those good intentions get lost somewhere. 

Each new year, I believe that most people choose resolutions that they truly need or want, such as, weight loss, more exercise, budgeting, cutting out something from their diets, etc.  In the last few years, I've focused on setting some attainable goals for myself.  I've realized that not much in my schedule changes from December 31 to January 1, and so I have to try to to focus on the goals I know I can make a dent in.

Instead of "weight loss," this year, I'm focusing on maintaining my weight loss.  Three months ago, I shared with you my ketogenic diet.  I've been able to maintain that diet and my weight loss by eating less than 50 carbs/day and by taking my Pruvit Keto/OS supplements (www.dashcarbs.pruvitnow.com).  I have easily maintained my 125 pounds, and I'm happy with that.  The key for me on that resolution this year will be maintenance.

Exercise used to be one of my favorite things to do.  However, as I've aged, taken on a busier work schedule, and taken on a family, I've become tired and my joints ache.  This year, with the help of President Trump's tax reform, I should be able to cut back at work.  With more rest, I plan to follow a yoga class schedule and add some free weights.  I'm not one to "kill myself" with cardio at the gym, nor do I think that that kind of intense exercise is always beneficial.  What I am telling myself this year is that I just need to start somewhere with some form of exercise and try to stick to a doable schedule.

I'd like more time at home this year.  Again, with President Trump's tax reform, I'll be able to work fewer shifts and be more present at home.  Time at home means more quiet time with God, more time with my husband and my kids, more time baking and crafting, and hopefully more time writing.

My last resolution is my toughest.  I finally agreed with my husband that a budget is probably a good idea (he's been telling me this for years).  Begrudgingly, I submitted this time.  As awful as the word "budget" sounds, it also makes sense especially today.  I feel like the world, people in general, and our economy are unstable. My financial advisor recommends paying down debt and having a hefty emergency fund.  Today, I sat down and drew out a budget. It was painful, but necessary, and I'm glad I did it.

What about you?  What are your resolutions for 2018? I'd love to hear from you.  Please comment or send me a note.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We really are created in His image

God sees This year, I started reading the Bible in chronological order using the You Version Bible app.  I’m reading it with my friend, Grac...