Monday, November 20, 2017

Holidays

I just finished a very hectic week and a half work schedule. I’m not complaining, though. I get the entire Thanksgiving holiday off work. Am I blessed, or what? I decided it was time to start stirring up some holiday cheer. I know that some of you will poo-poo my pics below, but I couldn’t stop myself. I know Thanksgiving comes first, then Christmas. 

Admittedly, I tend to run the two holidays into one huge blessed event. I think it’s possible to be thankful at Christmas and to have Christmas cheer at the Thanksgiving holiday 😜! This way, I get to have one, long, awesome holiday event until 2018 arrives. 



This year, I decided to go with simple, cozy, and heartwarming decorations. I chose ornaments that were made of burlap, wood, and fabric. The garland is made of burlap sprinkled with “snow,” and I also added some sparkly, glitter snowflakes. My tree lights rotate between white, bold colors, and light colors. I didn’t spend a lot of money on the ornaments, because I was able to buy them in bulk on www.ltdcommodities.com. Check it out. 



I’m hoping that sharing my festive tree brings you some cheer and makes you feel excited for Christmas. For me, it’s one of the special times of the year that I stop and reflect on God’s goodness in my life. I really stop and think about my many blessings. I hope that you’ll take a moment over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays to stop and look around at how blessed you are.

Unfortunately, many people go through sad and difficult times during the holidays. Last year, I almost lost my mother to the horrid effects of chemotherapy. Today, a year later, I am happy to report that she scheduled the removal of her port later this week. No more cancer. If you’re in need of prayer, please reach out to a loved one. I would love to pray for you, too. After all, the reason for the season of Christmas is Jesus. He came to this world for you and me, because He loves us. 

“An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, ‘Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.’” Luke 2:9-14.

So kick up your holiday cheer a few notches this week as we head into this season of thanksgiving, family, good friends, and lots of love! ❤️ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We really are created in His image

God sees This year, I started reading the Bible in chronological order using the You Version Bible app.  I’m reading it with my friend, Grac...